Dear Broadway Family,
As a church, we continue to pay close attention to both the flu season and COVID-19. We are following updates and information about the most recent developments from the Provincial Health Officer, the BC Centre for Disease Control, and Fraser Health.
The risk to anyone in our community is currently low. Even so, and in consultation with medical professionals, we desire to be responsible and therefore, we have cancelled all our services and programs. Our goal as a church community is to continue to stay in touch and help one another through this pandemic. We want to continue to be a welcoming place for all people to experience the light and life of Jesus. As such, we are taking steps to ensure the continued well-being of our church family and community:
- Please inform yourself, review Healthlink BC's page on COVID-19, particularly the sections on self-monitoring and self-isolation.
- The most important thing we can do to prevent coronavirus and other illnesses is to wash our hands regularly and avoid touching our face.
- We should also cover our mouths when we cough so we are not exposing other people to our germs. Either cough into a tissue and dispose of the tissue into the garbage or sneeze into your elbow.
- We ask that you stay home. The messages from our Lent series will be posted online Sunday mornings so you can still receive great teaching at home.
- Giving: Remember you can give by e-transfer. This is also a great time to set up a monthly automatic payment. Email the office for a form. We still have expenses that need to be covered during this time. We appreciate your on-going support through this time.
- Our facilities staff continue to clean and disinfect the church regularly; paying special attention to objects and surfaces in high traffic areas.
- If you have any kind of illness or need, please call or email the church so we can be aware of them and pray with and for you, or help you in more practical ways by getting groceries or medications you have need of. Several people are volunteering their time to assist with this. Our desire is to be a compassionate and helping church family. Please do not hesitate to call us! (or email)
- Join us in exercising your faith by praying for those serving in health care as they wrestle through the challenges of the flu and COVID-19, and for families affected by this illness. God is in control, we encourage you to remain calm, be courageous, wise, and always ready to do good in our city and world.
We yearn to be together with you once again. In the meantime, we need to stay calm and trust God for our every need. Some scriptures that you can focus on are: Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 91, Psalm 63:1-8, Psalm 20:7-8, Nahum 1:7-8a. We encourage you to take time to explore God's Word for more of His promises. Post them on your mirrors, cupboard and fridge doors, or take some time to memorize them.
We love you and are here for you! Office Phone: 604-792-9147; Joanne's cell - 604-795-0100; Gary's cell - 604-316-9147. Call us anytime! If we can't take your call we will get back to you asap! That is our promise to you.